The running back is what I call a “Pat Bowlen Bronco.”

in Allgemeines 27.12.2019 03:09
von zhangzk • 24 Beiträge

ENGLEWOOD Courtland Sutton Jersey White , Colo. (AP) — Marquette King has not lived up to the lofty expectations the Denver Broncos had of the athletic punter working at altitude, so now he’s got some competition.The Broncos signed rookie punter Colby Wadman from UC Davis to their practice squad in hopes of snapping King out of his funk.“Well, we’ve had him here in the mandatory minicamp, he’s been with Tom (McMahon, the Broncos’ special teams coordinator), and we have to get better there,” coach Vance Joseph said Wednesday. “So, we’re looking forward to Marquette having a good week of punting.“It’s a performance-based business, so we’re trying to get better there.”King averaged just a 39.3-yard net on seven punts in Denver’s 27-14 loss at Baltimore, where he failed three times to flip the field with booming punts that were his hallmark before his release from the Oakland Raiders in the offseason.King hasn’t had the hang time the Broncos expected of him, something that will be imperative to improve on Monday night against the Kansas City Chiefs.“You want to hang the ball with Tyreek Hill,” Joseph said. “That’s going to be the key with this guy. He’s a dangerous returner. He doesn’t fair-catch the football. But I think hanging the ball high is going to be one of the keys to containing him. But again, it’s going to take our entire coverage team and we have to do a good job of keeping him from hurting us with punt returns.”King signed a three-year, $7 million deal with the Broncos after Raiders coach Jon Gruden cut him in March. Afterward Joe Flacco Jersey , the Broncos traded Riley Dixon, who averaged 45.7 yards in his two seasons in Denver with a net of 40.8 yards, to the New York Giants.King ranks 22nd in the league with a 44.6-yard average and is 14th with a 41.6-yard net.“He has to simply punt better,” Joseph said earlier in the week. “No different than our corners have to play better in coverage, and we’ve got to block better. He’s a football player and he’s got to do his job. He’s got to punt better.” Phillip Lindsay continues to amaze and impress — on the field and off. Something tells me this will remain a trend throughout his tenure with the Denver Broncos. In light of the beloved owner getting his induction in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, it’s all the more fitting. When the Denver Pitbull was unleashed (Broncos Country needs this shirt), it wasn’t just about what he was doing on the field. It was about all of it. The latest example of the latter came this week when Lindsay let it be known his efforts to help an Air Force veteran. The Denver Channel had the original story of Les Thomas, who is not only fighting Stage 5 chronic kidney disease but also being evicted by his landlord for missing his rent payments because he was in the hospital getting treatment. As the Denver Channel noted, Thomas claims that while he was receiving inpatient care at the Aurora VA hospital for two weeks in January, his landlord put a notice to vacate on his door. A judge gave him until Friday, Feb. 8 to move out.“I have no family, no one to help me,” he said through tears to the Denver Channel.Enter Lindsay. On Wednesday, Lindsay sent a tweet with a link to a GoFundMe to help Thomas. “Please join in me in helping! I saw this story last night about a CO Air Force Veteran dealing with a kidney disease and facing eviction. I immediately felt a connection to Les Thomas and knew that I wanted to do whatever I could to help!”The GoFundMe has since raised a little over $19k (as of the writing of this story). On Friday Bradley Chubb Jersey White , the GoFundMe that was created to help get Lindsay to the Pro Bowl after his wrist injury was changed to give the money to Thomas. That sits at $4,853.The Denver Channel said in its most recent story on Thursday, “The money wouldn’t change the fact that his eviction was coming. He had to move out by Friday, February 8 and was back in the hospital likely through that date.“That’s when Contact7 made a phone call. A moving truck from All My Sons Moving & Storage showed up at Thomas’ door on Thursday morning.”The story adds that Thomas won’t be spending the weekend in his townhome, but he will have a roof over his head thanks to a friend from Iowa and another friend from a local political group.“I asked for the miracle and I got it thanks to Channel 7,” Thomas told the Denver Channel.If you would look like to follow in Lindsay’s footsteps, here’s the link to Thomas’ GoFundMe. Lindsay continues to find ways to amaze and impress. He makes it easy to root for him, and gives the Broncos and fans reasons to feel proud.Horse Tracks Sacco Sez: Number 24 comes full circleA tale of two cornerbacks — one who started a great career in Denver and paved a Hall of Fame path with another team, and one who started a great career with another team and paved a Hall of Fame path in Denver.Broncos host inaugural Empowerment Summit for local female high-school student-athletesThe Broncos hosted a day of professional development for almost 100 female student-athletes from Denver Public Schools, with sessions in financial literacy, personal branding, networking and more with local female leaders as their guides.Broncos Stadium stairwell won't be put on trial | 9news.comThe stairwells at Broncos Stadium at Mile High were supposed to be put on trial this month after a fan, Jason Coy, fell to his death in 2016. We've learned that the lawsuit was settled.Phillip Lindsay loved Pro Bowl Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey , doesn't want to play in the next onePhillip Lindsay continued his dizzying rookie season, capped with a Pro Bowl and testimony to legislators to help make athletic trainers licensed. He's everywhere. But he hasn't changed. He wants team success in his second season.Broncos' out-of-the-box hiring of Vic Fangio validated by Super Bowl - Denver Broncos- ESPNDuring a time when everyone else seems to be leaning toward high-scoring offense, the Broncos have gone the other way.NFL Tracks Oakland Raiders want to play the 2019 NFL season in Giants’ Oracle Park - SBNation.comThe mayor of San Francisco isn’t so open to hosting the team. Oakland remains an option.Tom Brady, Bill Belichick and the Patriots are facing a massive overhaul - SBNation.comAll but one Patriot wide receiver is facing free agency. So who will Tom Brady be throwing to at age 42?7 questions about the Alliance of American Football, answered - SBNation.comThe AAF isn’t trying to compete with the NFL. It’s trying to build a business, in part, as a feeder to the NFL.Bold 2019 NFL offseason predictions for all 32 teamsLe'Veon Bell's landing spot, blockbuster trades, draft moves -- we have fearless predictions that would shake up the NFL.Aaron Rodgers would like to see the NFL 'intervene' on one part of the Packers' schedule - CBSSports.comThe Packers quarterback really wants to play a game overseasToni Harris starred in Super Bowl ad, wants NFL careerIs there anything Toni Harris can't do? Detroiter has starred in a Super Bowl ad, beaten cancer and earned a college football scholarship.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1318 Themen und 1588 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen