Rookie kicker Matthew Wright was encourage to chose the

in Allgemeines 03.12.2019 04:29
von zhangzk • 24 Beiträge

Steelers by his agent when they called on day three of the draft."The opportunities for kickers in the NFL are relatively limited when compared to others position in the league Dermontti Dawson Jersey , and for a young rookie prospect coming out of college, finding the right opportunity can be as important as having the talent to make it in the NFL. Being signed to act as competition for an established veteran does not always end well for a rookie kicker, regardless of how well they perform. But if the agent of Matthew Wright is correct, his client may well have ended up in the perfect place for him this offseason. Having seen Chris Boswell struggle in 2018, it was no surprise to see the front office add an extra option to the kicking group as an undrafted free agent. And for the former UCF product, the Steelers made perfect sense as the team to choose once his agent had made him aware of what a good opportunity the Steelers were for him. As per Chris Adamski of TribLive.With the release of Matt McCrane earlier in the month Jack Ham Jersey , that opportunity improved significantly, leaving Boswell as the only obstacle currently standing between him and a starting role in Pittsburgh.However, despite being the challenger for Boswell’s job this offseason, Wright acknowledged that the returning veteran was actually helping him adjust to life in the NFL.A career success rate of 78.1-percent with his field goal attempts speaks well of his consistency at UCF, but should it not work out for him in the NFL, Wright has a degree in aerospace engineering to fall back on much like new teammate Josh Dobbs. Not that he has had a chance to talk about it with him yet though. The Steelers drafted linebacker Devin Bush to be a leader Jack Lambert Jersey , and he’s already leading.Via Gerry Dulac of the , the tenth overall pick already has asserted himself, during the first practice of his career.“I just wanted to be vocal the best I could and trust what I see, whether I was right or wrong,” Bush said, according to Dulac. “I know concepts already Mike Webster Jersey , I just got to learn the language — different things they call, different things they speak. I just got to get familiar with the playbook, get familiar with the language and get confident in my playcalling.”Fellow rookie Justin Layne noticed Bush’s abilities immediately.“He’s a great leader, very vocal,” Layne said, per Dulac. “He’s going to be good. I can tell. You can tell. He was calling the right defenses and everything. He knows what’s going on.”Bush wanted to wear No. 10 Mel Blount Jersey , but since linebackers can’t wear numbers like 10 he went with 55, explaining that five plus five is 10. (Hang on a second. OK, confirmed.) But the number doesn’t matter nearly as much as the colors.“Now I’m a part of the Steelers organization,” Bush said. “I’m a Steeler. I’m very grateful to be in this position right now.”The Steelers are grateful to have him. They last traded up for a defensive player in 2003, and Troy Polamalu became the heart and soul of the defense through a pair of Super Bowl wins.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1318 Themen und 1588 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online:

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen